$0.45Prices based on WA rates for a single premium paid by direct debit with no Lifetime Health Cover loading. A single Ambulance Plus policy costs $23.50pa, which is equivalent to $0.45 a week a week after deducting the Australian Government 30% Rebate on private health insurance.
Includes 30% Rebate. Price based on your eligibility.
Covers non-urgent ambulance trips, including pre-booked and elective services and is available with any Hospital or Twin Pack product.
Medicare does not cover the cost of an ambulance; call outs can cost hundreds of dollars.
If you’re looking for:
- Ambulance cover for pre-booked, non-urgent or elective ambulance services.
- Most HBF Health Insurance members get unlimited cover for urgent ambulance transport, however if you think you may need to book an ambulance, Ambulance Plus will cover this cost.
- If you have Hospital or Twin Pack cover, you can add Ambulance Plus to your policy.
What are you covered for?
We call them “elective” ambulance services. This includes cover towards pre-booked and non-urgent ambulance care.
- Benefits are capped at $3,000 per person per calendar year.
- If you’re an Aged Pensioner you may not need Ambulance Plus cover due to the WA State Government’s provision of free ambulance services. Contact the Department of Health for more information.
- There is a 30 day waiting period for Ambulance Plus.
Policy terms and conditions and waiting periods apply.