$6.80Prices based on WA rates for a single premium paid by direct debit with no Lifetime Health Cover loading. A single Essentials Standard policy costs $351.10pa, which is equivalent to $6.80 a week after deducting the Australian Government 30% Rebate on private health insurance.
Includes 30% Rebate. Price based on your eligibility.
This level makes sure you are covered for the 17 most commonly-used general treatment health care services.
If you’re looking for:
- Mid range cover – so you know you can claim for the most common ancillary services like dental, optical, physio, podiatry (and more), but save on premiums.
- No limits on most general dental; spend as much time as you need at the dentist!
- When you visit the dentist a few times every year and although you may not regularly see a physio, or chiropractor, you want to know that you are covered if something happens. Essentials Standard gives you this security, plus you save with a lower premium by excluding services you wouldn’t use such as complementary therapies, osteopathy and preventative health.
What are you covered for:
Do you want to compare Essentials Cover?
Choose from our Essentials Products and compare their features side by side.
We pay benefits for thousands of treatments, too many to mention here. If there is a specific benefit you are looking for, whether it’s a fluoride treatment at your dentist, or a session with your chiropractor, find out the item number from your dentist, physiotherapist, chiropractor or other health providers and call us and we’ll let you know how much you should get back.
Getting the most out of Essentials
As well as having benefits paid across 18 services, here are a few ways to get the most value from your health insurance:
- Visit a participating dentist. We have agreements with hundreds more dentists in WA than any other fund, which means less out-of-pocket expense for you. You can find your closest participating dentist here. With Essentials Standard, you get 60% back when you visit an HBF Participating Dentist (that includes dentists and prosthetists).
- Don’t forget to use your fully covered scale and clean each year, at a participating dentist.
- Need new glasses? We have many Participating Optical Stores in WA. Visit one of these stores and you’ll get hundreds more frames fully covered, plus at least 20% discount on most designer frames in addition to your usual benefit.
- You can minimise out-of-pocket costs with GapSaver.
- If something happens and you’re unable to work, we won’t abandon you. We’ll give you complimentary health insurance for up to nine months. Because the last thing you need to think about at a time like that is paying your health cover. Some conditions do apply so please ask us for more details.
Find out more about your policy details.
Policy terms and conditions and waiting periods apply.