$10.10Prices based on WA rates for a single premium paid by direct debit with no Lifetime Health Cover loading. A single Extra Essentials policy costs $524.15pa, which is equivalent to $10.10 a week after deducting the Australian Government 30% Rebate on private health insurance.
Includes 30% Rebate. Price based on your eligibility.
So that your premium costs a little less, this level pays back a lower benefit than Premium Essentials and covers 20 services.
If you’re looking for:
- Peace of mind that you are covered for a range of ancillary services, like dental, chiro, physio and 17 more, plus you’ll save on your premium with slightly lower benefits paid than Premium Essentials.
- No limits on most general dental; spend as much time as you like at the dentist!
Good for you?
- If your health is a priority and you spend a lot of time (and money) maintaining it, whether it’s regularly visiting the dentist or physio, or buying new glasses and contact lenses.
- You are happy to receive a slightly lower benefit than Premium Essentials when you go to claim because you pay a lower premium.
What are you covered for:
Do you want to compare Essentials Cover?
Choose from our Essentials Products and compare their features side by side.
We pay benefits for thousands of treatments, too many to mention here. If there is a specific benefit you are looking for, whether it’s a fluoride treatment at your dentist, or a session with your chiropractor, find out the item number from your dentist, physiotherapist, chiropractor or other health providers and call us and we’ll let you know how much you should get back.
Getting the most out of Essentials
As well as having benefits paid across 22 services, here are a few ways to get the most value from your health insurance:
- Visit a participating dentist. We have agreements with hundreds more dentists in WA than any other fund, which means less out-of-pocket expense for you. You can find your closest participating dentist here. With Extra Essentials, you get 70% back when you visit an HBF Participating Dentist (that includes dentists and prosthetists).
- Don’t forget to use your fully covered scale and clean each year, at a participating dentist.
- Need new glasses? We have many Participating Optical Stores in WA. Visit one of these stores and you’ll get hundreds more frames fully covered, plus at least 20% discount on most designer frames in addition to your usual benefit.
- You can minimise out-of-pocket costs with GapSaver.
- If something happens and you’re unable to work, we won’t abandon you. We’ll give you complimentary health insurance for up to nine months. Because the last thing you need to think about at a time like that is paying your health cover. Some conditions do apply so please ask us for more details.
Find out more about your policy details.
Policy terms and conditions and waiting periods apply.