Your health is all that matters
Choose wisely and make sure you get access to the best care possible with HBF, WA's largest health fund.
Health cover starts from only $151.204 pa - $2164 pa for essentials cover and $598.054 pa - $854.404 pa for hospital cover. And as an HBF member, you stand to receive numerous benefits:
- More money back. We have no shareholders to answer to which means we put more money back into your pockets than any other major health fund in WA. According to the PHIO State of the Health Funds Report 2011, we gave 87.5% of premiums back in member benefits – above the industry standard.
- More participating dentists, optical stores and hospitals in WA. With HBF, you can access more participating dentists, optical stores and private hospitals in WA than any other health fund, so there's never one too far away.
- Avoid joining public hospital queues. HBF members can have direct access to treatment in a private hospital without having to join public hospital waiting lists. We also have dedicated Hospital Liaison Officers in most private hospitals in WA, who can help you understand your HBF cover, the sometimes complicated hospital bills and claims paperwork so that you can focus on recovery.
- We keep your premiums down. Over the last nine years, HBF has had the lowest average price increase of all major health funds in WA. And because we recognise that getting the best health insurance is more than getting the best price, we work harder to provide our members access to the best care.
- Why wait? If you are transferring from an Overseas Health Fund or from another private health insurer, we will recognise the waiting periods that you've already served so you don't have to re-serve them with us. Enjoy the benefits straightaway on services like major dental, maternity and podiatry if you were already on a similar level of cover.
- We have fewer gaps. Our members have no gaps to pay on 82.8%1 of all in-hospital medical treatments in WA. This means less out of pocket expenses for you. As well as paying fewer gaps, our members are covered for 94.3%6 of hospital related charges in WA – more than any major health fund. So if you need to go to hospital, you'll feel better knowing your final bill will be as small as possible.
- WA is our home too. Because HBF is WA based, we provide better services for West Australians. Unlike some eastern states funds, we have more branches here so you can speak to someone face-to-face when you need them most. And if you want to call us, our team are on the same time as you are.
- We're not for profit, we're for your health. We're run for the benefit of our members, which is why 87.5% of all premiums go back in member benefits5. That's more than any other major health fund in WA.
- WA's most trusted health partner. Over 900,000 members currently trust HBF to look after their health. For 70 years, HBF has been the largest health insurer in WA so no one knows the local health system better.
- Full length of membership. Switch from your current Australian health fund and we will recognise your full length of membership.
- Multi-product discounts. HBF offer a range of home and contents, car and travel insurance options. You can enjoy the convenience of having your insurance in the one place, and save with our multi-product discounts.
4 Premiums are based on WA rates for a single policy on direct debit with no lifetime health cover loading and are based on 30% and 0% entitlement to the Australian Government Rebate on Private Health Insurance which depends on your income. You can find out your entitlement to the Rebate by referring to the Rebate table.
1 Comparison based on PHIO State of the Health Funds Report 2011 on no gap in hospital medical services in WA for major health funds in WA.
6 Comparison based on PHIO State of the Health Funds Report 2011.
5 Comparison based on PHIO State of the Health Funds Report 2011 for total fund benefits paid as a percentage of premiums.