New HBF digital member card
Who needs another card in their wallet? Download the digital member card and use your phone to tap and claim at a HICAPS terminal for your covered extras services.*
The following Terms and Conditions apply when you use your HBF membership card.
In these Terms and Conditions:
Card means the card issued (including digitally) by HBF to you as a Member of HBF, which will allow
you to electronically submit your claim to a participating electronic claim service provider.
Digital Wallet means a mobile wallet application which can store digital membership cards.
HBF means HBF Health Limited;
Member means a health insurance member of HBF.
By using the Card, you accept and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions of use:
1. HBF will provide a plastic Card to each adult Member and if requested by you, each dependent under your
2. A digital membership Card may be obtained by the Member through the HBF App at any time. A dependent must be 18
years old to download a digital membership Card.
3. All plastic Cards remain the property of HBF and must be destroyed or returned to HBF if we request you to do
4. Should a Member require a replacement of a plastic Card, HBF will cancel the existing Card and issue a
replacement Card to the relevant Member.
5. When you use the Card you must always properly identify the person treated and eligible for benefits.
To assist HBF in the collection of this information for the claim, you, or the Member submitting the claim,
authorises the provider or Third Party to provide to HBF all clinical records and any additional information
or assistance which HBF requires to review, process and audit the claim.
7. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your Card and for any Card that has been issued to a dependent upon
your request. This includes:
8. HBF reserves the right to cancel any Card in the event of improper or unauthorised use.
9. HBF may block, or terminate your Card:
10. You are required to notify HBF as soon as you become aware that your Card or mobile is lost, stolen, being used
by an unauthorised person or you believe your security credentials have been compromised, so that your Card can
be cancelled and replaced. Cancellation takes effect immediately and you will no longer be able to use the Card
to make a claim.
11. HBF will not accept any liability for any loss to you, including benefit entitlements resulting from any
unauthorised or incorrect use of your Card, including the misuse of a lost or stolen Card.
12. Existing Cards will be automatically cancelled in the event that a policy lapses or is cancelled by either HBF
or by a Member.
13. Where there are any changes to your HBF membership, including changes to the people covered under your
membership, a name change, or policy change:
14. HBF is not the provider of the Digital Wallet and is not responsible for the use, functionality or availability
of the Digital Wallet, including a security breach affecting any information stored in the Digital Wallet or
sent from the Digital Wallet.
15. HBF may amend these terms as reasonably required at any time. We will provide reasonable notice of any changes
that we propose to make on our website at hbf.com.au/about-hbf/legal/member-card-terms-and-conditions. You will be regarded as having agreed to
these changes where you continue to use the Card following notification of the changes to these terms and
HBF Health Limited (HBF) complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to ensure that your personal (including sensitive)
information is protected. When you use your Card HBF will collect your name, membership number, details of the
medical service provided to you, the provider who supplied this service to you, the cost of the service and the date
of the service (Information) either from you, from your provider or where your claim is submitted through an
electronic claiming service provider, such as HICAPS or isoft (Third Party), from that Third Party. When your claim
is submitted through a Third Party with a digital membership Card HBF will also collect information from that Third
Party, including the device ID, Card ID, the policy status and how the claim was made, such as whether it was made
using Near-Field Communication (Reporting Information).
HBF will use the information collected from your provider or a Third Party to assess, process and audit your claim.
Where you have used a digital membership Card, HBF will also use the information collected, including the Reporting
We may not be able to perform these functions or only perform them to a limited extent if you do not provide us with
The Information we collect may be disclosed to other companies in the HBF Group, our service providers who provide
claim auditing services to us, regulatory bodies and government agencies (such as the Commonwealth Department of
Health, the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman, AHPRA and Medicare) and other parties to whom we are authorised or
required by law to disclose information. Where our Third Parties provide us with Reporting Information, we will
provide this to Apple Inc to comply with our reporting requirements to them on provisioning of the digital card
By making this claim you give your consent for HBF to share the Information we collect with members of the HBF Group
as necessary for the purpose of preventing and detecting misrepresentation, fraudulent or invalid claims.
information about how HBF handles your Information. This includes information on how you can access and/or seek the
correction of your Information that we hold about you as required by law and make a complaint about the way your
Information is being handled by HBF and how HBF will deal with your complaint. If you have any questions about how
HBF handles your Information, please contact our privacy officer by writing to GPO Box C101, Perth WA 6839 or by
telephone on 1300 883 530.
Current as at 12 July 2021.
We need to confirm your location to show you the correct content, products and pricing.
If you change location, we'll reset your quote and refresh the page to show you the content, products and pricing relevant to your location.