As a not for profit organisation we are committed to protecting the interests of its members whilst ensuring claims are paid quickly and efficiently.
Report your concerns in confidence.
Although the vast majority of claims are genuine it is a sad but realistic fact of life that a small percentage may in some way be fraudulent, and consequently impacting on HBF members as a whole. Insurance fraud is NOT
a victimless crime and every fraudulent claim not only affects your premium but the Australian economy as a whole, with insurance fraud estimated to cost Australia billions of dollars annually. To negate the impact of such fraud HBF has in place an experienced and professional Group Loss team trained to detect and investigate concerns.
Insurance fraud is a crime that effects us all
Though HBF has pro-active methods of identifying claims of concerns in place, we still require your help in identifying claims that may be fraudulent. Examples of such fraud include
- Claiming for losses/incidents/accidents that never occurred
- Overstating the amount of loss during a real incident
- Changing the circumstances of a loss to enable a claim i.e. date of loss Deliberately manufacturing an incident to enable a claim
If you or someone you know have a concern, however small, that an individual may be seeking to commit insurance fraud we would encourage you to report it. Your concern will be treated in the strictest confidence and you can remain anonymous if you choose.
Concerns can be reported in a variety of ways:
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone to the Group Loss team on: 08 9265 8777
- By Fax to: 08 9265 6385
- By post to: GLPA, HBF Insurance GPO Box C101 Perth WA 6809.
- Or to Crimestoppers on: 1800 333 000