Looking for a sweet treat? This deliciously healthy dessert from The CSIRO Gut Care Guide is full of flavour – and it’s so easy to make.
There’s nothing like the sweet, juicy flavour of summer fruits. This simple dessert combines banana and mango with creamy, natural yoghurt – finished off with macadamias, cinnamon and a swirl of peanut butter.
This recipe was created by CSIRO research scientists to provide a healthy mix of fruit, dairy and healthy fats, and is published in The CSIRO Gut Care Guide.
Prep time: 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted macadamias, roughly chopped
- 3 cups (750 g) reduced-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 mangoes, cheeks sliced into 2 cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, to garnish
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add the macadamias and cook, tossing, for 2–3 minutes until toasted and golden.
- Divide the yoghurt among four bowls. Top with the banana, mango, macadamias, chia seeds and peanut butter. Sprinkle over a dusting of cinnamon and serve.
Tip: Use slightly under-ripe (green) bananas and unsalted cashews instead of the macadamias for extra resistant starch.
Recipe extracted with permission from The CSIRO Gut Care Guide by Michael Conlon, Pennie Taylor, Dr Cuong D Tran and Megan Rebuli. Published by Macmillan Australia, RRP $39.99. Photography by Rob Palmer.
This article contains general information only and does not take into account the health, personal situation or needs of any person. In conjunction with your GP or treating health care professional, please consider whether the information is suitable for you and your personal circumstances.