Pay by direct debit
Paying by direct debit is safe and fuss-free, making sure your bills are always paid on time as they’re automatically deducted
from your bank, building society, credit union or credit card account (MasterCard or Visa) on a specified date.
Set up direct debit for your account
- You’ll need the BSB/financial institution number and account number of either a cheque or savings account with a bank
or building society or the 16 digit card number from your credit card account.
- Login to myHBF
We’ll then confirm how much you owe and when it will be deducted via a policy certificate we will send you.
Things to know about paying by direct debit
HBF doesn’t charge customers for the direct debit service, but some financial institutions may apply transaction fees, and
any fees or charges incurred as a result of insufficient funds will be your responsibility.
In the event that three consecutive deductions (for the same payment period) are not met, we will cancel the direct debit
authority with your financial institution which means your account will no longer be ‘financial’, you will no longer
be covered by HBF health insurance and you may have to re-serve your waiting periods if you restart your cover. Don’t
forget you may be able to suspend your cover if you become seriously
ill or unemployed.
Your first direct debit deduction may include an adjustment to ensure your membership is financial or to coincide with your
nominated date. If your premiums alter or you change your membership, we’ll adjust the deductions accordingly and advise
you in writing.
Other ways to pay
- Online with a debit or credit card
- Call 1300 729 423 to pay securely by MasterCard or Visa.
- Mail your cheque payable to HBF to GPO BOX C101, Perth WA 6839. Please write your member number on the cheque.
- Contact your financial institution to make a BPAY payment from your account.
Biller code: 9332
Ref: Your statement number
- In person at your local HBF branch
You can prepay your health policy up to 18 months in advance, which could mean avoiding any increase in your health insurance
premiums until the date you’ve paid. Contact us to pre-pay your account.
Your next payment
You can see how much you owe and when your next payment’s due by logging into myHBF,
where you can also change:
- Your payment details
- Update the details of the bank account and/or credit card you are debited from, or the one you receive benefits into.
- Your payment method
- Choose to receive a statement or pay by direct debit, which is the most hassle-free way to pay.
- Your payment frequency
- Choose to pay fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly.
- Your payment withdrawal date
- Change the date your premium is deducted by direct debit, for example each month on payday.