WHO ARE WE?
We are HBF Health Limited (ABN 11 126 884 786). At HBF, we exist
to deliver for our members in the moments that matter. We
achieve this by providing our members with products and
services including private health insurance and health and
wellness services. To conduct our business, we may need to
collect, use, retain and disclose your personal information.
References to “HBF”, “HBF Health”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this
policy refer to HBF Health Limited and its related bodies
corporate, other than those entities that conduct the HBF Dental,
Queensland Country Health Fund (including Queensland Country
Dental, Queensland Country Care Navigation and Territory
Health), HBF Physio and Life Ready businesses. To view the
privacy policies of these businesses, please visit their
Your privacy is important to us.
As an Australian business, HBF is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy
Act), which includes the Australian Privacy Principles. We may also be subject to State
legislation when we deal with health information.
Additionally, we may use privacy notices or “Collection Statements”, which tell you more
handle your personal information during your interactions with us. Privacy notices and Collection
should always be read or listened to carefully, as we may seek your consent to certain uses or disclosures of your personal information that are described in
these Privacy Notices or Collection Statements.
It covers the following:
- current and past members of HBF
- prospective members of HBF (for example, those to whom we provide quotes and people who visit our website)
- participants and volunteers in the community events we hold, (for example, HBF Run for a Reason)
- participants accessing health and wellness services such as flu vaccinations, wellness workshops, health checks and chronic disease management programs
- health service providers (in relation to their agreements with us)
- current and former employees
- individuals who provide their personal information to HBF for the purposes of applying for employment, community grants or with respect to the opportunity to supply goods or services to HBF, and
- other individuals including authorised representatives, service providers, contractors and volunteers.