Terms and Conditions
If you agree to participate in the HBF Opinion Panel, the following Terms and Conditions apply to this participation.
- Where you consent to participate in the HBF Opinion Panel, you consent to participate on an ongoing basis on these Terms and Conditions which may be amended from time to time. In the event that HBF Opinion Panel amends these Terms and Conditions you will be notified of the change and your continued participation in any HBF survey from HBF Opinion Panel will be taken as acceptance of those amended Terms and Conditions.
- You may opt out of participation in the HBF Opinion Panel at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the invitation email or by notifying Market_Insights@hbf.com.au at any time.
- You will be invited to complete surveys for HBF from time to time by email from HBF Opinion Panel.
- You are not obliged to participate in any survey that you are invited to complete. You should not continue with a survey if any questions make you uncomfortable or require you to provide information that you do not want to give;
- When you agree to participate in a survey:
You must complete the survey yourself and must not pass the survey link to any other person.
You are solely liable and responsible for all content, materials, information and comments you use, make or upload (Content) in a survey response.
- you will be taken to a survey on a third party website platform which is operated by our service provider MaritzCX Australia Pty Limited, Level 19, 201 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060 (Service Provider);
- your responses to the survey questions will be securely stored on this platform whilst HBF downloads the survey responses, places them in a secure environment within HBF and conducts its survey analysis. Three months after the HBF analysis, all survey’s will be de-identified and securely stored with HBF and all survey responses and the list of survey invitees uploaded to our Service Provider platform will be deleted from the Service Provider platform;
- your survey responses will only be able to be viewed during the analysis by HBF employees who work directly with survey response data and, in the event of technical difficulties, Service Provider employees.
When completing a survey you must not use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language or include any material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, racist, or hateful.
A survey may provide you with the opportunity to review or access commercially confidential information, materials, products and content (Confidential Material). Confidential Material is the sole and exclusive property of HBF and by participating in the survey you will not obtain or receive any right, title or interest in or to any Confidential Material. You agree to protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Material and you agree not to modify, copy, reproduce, republish, display, transmit, distribute or otherwise use, alter or transfer Confidential Material without the prior written consent of HBF. You acknowledge and agree that Confidential Material may be subject to, and protected by, intellectual property laws.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any Content does not provide any information which will identify you or which you consider to be sensitive.
- You should ensure that any Content that you upload does not include any audio, video, images or the likeness of any other individual and should not contain copyrighted or trademarked content or material of any third party.
- By uploading, Content, you grant HBF a perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, transferrable, sub-licensable, world-wide, royalty free, right and license to edit, copy, transmit, publish, display, reproduce, modify, distribute and otherwise use, modify or distribute your Content in any manner, without compensation or notice.
HBF reserves the right to remove individuals from the HBF Opinion Panel where it considers it appropriate to do so, at its own discretion, and without notice.
You acknowledge that HBF is not required to provide you with any results from any survey which you participate in, other than as HBF may decide to provide from time to time.
- review, edit, move or delete any material provided by you in its sole discretion, without notice;
- use aggregated results or anonymised statements from the surveys for publication (e.g. online, social media);
- report the aggregated results in any way deemed suitable by HBF. The aggregated results are not personally identifiable to the respondents who have made the individual survey responses.
HBF Privacy statement
HBF Health Limited ABN 11 126 884 786 (HBF) exists to deliver for our members in the moments that matter. We achieve this by providing our members with products and services including private health insurance and health and wellness services. References to ‘HBF’, or ‘we’ or ‘us’ include all businesses and subsidiaries owned by HBF Health Limited.
As an Australian business, HBF is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) which includes the Australian Privacy Principles. We may also be subject to state and territory health records legislation when we deal with health information.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” is defined in the Privacy Act as information or an opinion about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, or is recorded in a material form or not. It includes your name, age, gender, address and contact details, health and other sensitive information.
If you participate in the HBF Opinion Panel HBF will collect the following information from our HBF member records: your email address, your first name, your HBF member number, your date of birth, gender, postcode, residential state, lifestage, and if dependants are on your policy (Information).
Collection and Use of your personal information
HBF will use your Information to:
- register you as a participant of the HBF Opinion Panel;
- contact you to invite you to participate in surveys from time to time;
- categorise you within a generic demographic category, such as age group, gender, life stage or residential State to assist our survey analysis;
- Upload your email address, first name and HBF member number into our Service Provider survey platform.
If you choose not to provide us with your Information HBF will not be able to register you for the HBF Opinion Panel.
Disclosure of your personal information
In order to carry out the activities described in this statement, HBF may disclose your Information to:
- HBF employees who work directly with survey response data;
- Our Service Provider, MaritzCX Australia Pty Limited, Level 19, 201 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060. Three months after the survey analysis is conducted this Information will be deleted from the Service Provider survey platform.
Disclosing your information overseas
Generally, HBF uses systems and customer teams located within Australia. However, HBF may also use service providers who store personal information overseas. This means personal information may be transferred as part of commercial arrangements between HBF and its service providers. Service providers located overseas may also be able to access your personal information which is stored in Australia.
At the time of the publication of this statement, the territories in which HBF either transferred or intends to transfer personal information may include the United States, United Kingdom and Canada.
Also, as part of its direct digital marketing campaigns HBF may transfer some personal information (such as your email address) overseas to social media platforms and other digital content operators.
Access to your information and contacting us
HBF will allow you to access and correct the personal information it holds about you as required by law. If you have any queries about how HBF handles your personal information, or would like to request access to that information, please contact us:
- By telephone – 133 423.
- By mail - HBF Privacy Officer, GPO Box C101, Perth WA 6839; or
If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by HBF, please contact the Privacy Officer using the details above.
- how you can access and correct personal information we hold about you; and
- how you can submit a privacy complaint to HBF and how HBF will deal with your complaint.