Enjoy an on-the-go energy boost with this delicious recipe from The Good Grocer IGA.
This tasty mix of fruits, nuts and seeds is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
Make a batch for the week ahead and divide it up for easy daily snacks.
Serves: 6 (one serve = half a cup)
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup raisins or sultanas
- ½ cup pretzels
- Other nuts, seeds or dried fruits of your choice – get creative!
Tip: You can leave out the nuts if needed and substitute with sunflower seeds, or simply add more of the other ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- To serve, divide into half cup portions and place in lunch box or a container.
A note from our HBF dietitians
This is a great way to include nuts and seeds in your diet! You could easily mix it up by adding in some wholegrains in the form of plain puffed rice/wheat or popcorn.
Meet our HBF dietitians
Looking for healthy eating advice?
- HBF diet and nutrition cover can pay benefits towards visits with a dietitian or nutritionist, who can give you expert advice on healthy food choices to optimise your health and wellbeing.
If you’re an HBF member, you can check what you're covered for by logging on to myHBF or calling us on 133 423.
Diet and nutrition cover with HBF
With benefits for dietitian and nutritionist visits, HBF extras cover can help you feel your best.
Find out more
This article contains general information only and does not take into account the health, personal situation or needs of any person. In conjunction with your GP or treating health care professional, please consider whether the information is suitable for you and your personal circumstances.