A delicious baked vegetable dish by WW (Weight Watchers reimagined), brought to life with the flavours of Mediterranean herbs and garlic.
Serve with a slice of crusty bread to mop up the tasty pan juices.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 375 g tomatoes, cut into ½ cm slices
- 375 g small eggplant, cut into ½ cm slices
- 375 g large zucchini, cut into ½ cm slices
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Transfer half the onion mixture to a small bowl and set aside. Spread remaining onion mixture evenly over base of pan.
- Layer tomato, eggplant and zucchini over onion mixture in pan, alternating vegetables and overlapping slices. Season with salt and pepper. Top with reserved onion mixture and sprinkle with dried herbs and oregano.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 25–30 minutes, until vegetables are tender and browned around the edge. Scatter with extra oregano leaves to serve.
- For a cheesy top, sprinkle over ¼ cup (20 g) grated parmesan (contains dairy) in the ﬁnal 5 minutes of cooking.
- Use vegetables with a similar diameter for uniform layering in the dish.
Recipe and images extracted with permission from Weight-loss Success by Weight Watchers Reimagined (WW), Published by Macmillan Australia, RRP $39.99, Photography by WW International, Jeremy Simons, Mark Roper & Rob Palmer.
Looking for healthy eating advice?
- HBF diet and nutrition cover can pay benefits towards visits with a dietitian or nutritionist, who can give you expert advice on healthy food choices to optimise your health and wellbeing.
If you’re an HBF member, you can check what you're covered for by logging on to myHBF or calling us on 133 423.
Diet and nutrition cover with HBF
With benefits for dietitian and nutritionist visits, HBF extras cover can help you feel your best.
Find out more
This article contains general information only and does not take into account the health, personal situation or needs of any person. In conjunction with your GP or treating health care professional, please consider whether the information is suitable for you and your personal circumstances.