Feel healthier and more energised with delicious, nourishing foods. Our HBF dietitian shares some expert tips.
Eating healthy foods is important for your overall wellbeing. It can help you feel more energised, maintain a healthy weight, perform at your best and reduce your risk of future health problems.1
So how can you improve your diet? HBF dietitian Kate Kenny shares some simple changes you can try today.
- “Make friends with salad. It’s not going to be possible to have a balanced diet and not eat a variety of plant-based foods, especially vegetables.”
- “Focus on what you are eating, rather than what you aren't eating. Focus on all the foods that you wish to eat in your diet rather than the foods you're avoiding.”
- “Keep it simple. It's tempting to have a complete dietary makeover, but I suggest walk before you run. Look at what you're doing now and make some small changes that you can build on.”
- “Be kind to yourself. Life gets busy, social occasions happen we treat ourselves. Every meal is a new opportunity to make a different choice.”
Looking for healthy eating advice?
- HBF diet and nutrition cover can pay benefits towards visits with a dietitian or nutritionist, who can give you expert advice on healthy food choices to optimise your health and wellbeing.
- The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Premium program is available for members to claim as part of HBF's Healthy Living Programs. It includes easy-to-follow, delicious meal plans backed by the CSIRO for feel-good, wellbeing-focused results.
If you’re an HBF member, you can check what you're covered for by logging on to myHBF or calling us on 133 423.
Extras explained – how much do I get back?
Certainty feels good, that’s why we’ve created a line-up of extras options that give you a guaranteed % back^ on your visits to popular services like Physio, Chiro, and Dental.
Explore HBF Extras
This article contains general information only and does not take into account the health, personal situation or needs of any person. In conjunction with your GP or treating health care professional, please consider whether the information is suitable for you and your personal circumstances.
^Annual limits and waiting periods apply. Percentage back benefits are payable for services, programs and providers approved by HBF, when provider charges in accordance with the Member Plus schedule fee. Excludes Basic Extras and closed products.