For big kids and small, this sweet and colourful recipe by The Good Grocer IGA makes a delicious afternoon treat.
This juicy treat is a delightful alternative to packaged roll-ups, and it’s so easy to make with fresh, seasonal fruit.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4-6 hours
- 3 cups fresh fruit (you can use one type or mix it up with a combination, like raspberries and strawberries)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 60°C or the lowest temperature that your oven will go.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Line a tray with baking paper and pour fruit blend onto paper and spread to ½ cm thick.
- Place tray in the oven and dehydrate for 4 to 6 hours or until the middle is no longer tacky.
- Allow to cool and remove from the baking paper.
- Use scissors to cut into 2 ½ cm wide strips.
- Cut baking paper into strips slightly wider than your fruit strips. Then lay the fruit strips onto the baking paper and roll to create homemade roll-ups.
Win 6 months of groceries!*
It's back! Get a Hospital or Extras quote at an HBF branch for your chance to win groceries from our friends at the Good Grocer IGA. Find your nearest HBF branch today. (*T&Cs apply)
Already have all your cover with us? You’ve been automatically entered into the draw to win 1 of 6 x $1,000 grocery vouchers.^ (^T&Cs apply).
A note from our HBF dietitians
This is a great way to reduce waste and use up fruit that has gone a little soft and is past its best.
However, remember that removing the moisture will concentrate the sugar and increase the stickiness of this snack.
After eating these snacks, we encourage a drink of water to rinse the teeth.
Whole fruit (frozen or fresh) is always the better option to meet your the recommended serves of fruit. Keep these sweet treats as an occasional option.
Meet our HBF dietitians
Looking for healthy eating advice?
- HBF diet and nutrition cover can pay benefits towards visits with a dietitian or nutritionist, who can give you expert advice on healthy food choices to optimise your health and wellbeing.
If you’re an HBF member, you can check what you're covered for by logging on to myHBF or calling us on 133 423.
Diet and nutrition cover with HBF
With benefits for dietitian and nutritionist visits, HBF extras cover can help you feel your best.
Find out more
This article contains general information only and does not take into account the health, personal situation or needs of any person. In conjunction with your GP or treating health care professional, please consider whether the information is suitable for you and your personal circumstances.