For a relaxed weekend breakfast, enjoy this quick and easy omelette recipe by WW (Weight Watchers reimagined).
This simple omelette is full of the fresh flavours of mint and peas, with a zesty hint of lemon.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 teaspoon ﬁnely grated lemon zest, plus extra strips to serve
- ¼ cup (30 g) frozen peas
- ¼ cup (60 g) 97% fat-free cottage cheese
- Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl. Add garlic salt, mint and lemon zest, and whisk to combine.
- Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium–low heat. Pour in egg mixture, swirling to cover base of pan. Sprinkle with peas, then dollop teaspoonfuls of cottage cheese evenly over top. Cover and cook for 7–8 minutes, until egg is set.
- To serve, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with extra mint and lemon zest strips.
Recipe and images extracted with permission from Weight-loss Success by Weight Watchers Reimagined (WW), Published by Macmillan Australia, RRP $39.99, Photography by WW International, Jeremy Simons, Mark Roper & Rob Palmer.
Looking for healthy eating advice?
- HBF diet and nutrition cover can pay benefits towards visits with a dietitian or nutritionist, who can give you expert advice on healthy food choices to optimise your health and wellbeing.
If you’re an HBF member, you can check what you're covered for by logging on to myHBF or calling us on 133 423.
Diet and nutrition cover with HBF
With benefits for dietitian and nutritionist visits, HBF extras cover can help you feel your best.
Find out more
This article contains general information only and does not take into account the health, personal situation or needs of any person. In conjunction with your GP or treating health care professional, please consider whether the information is suitable for you and your personal circumstances.