Loaded with sweetness to feel good about, there’s no need to skimp on the chocolate dusting when it comes to these CSIRO-approved bliss balls.
Dive into the ‘delicious healthy desserts’ menu of the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet and you’ll find these dark and dreamy bliss balls. Packed with dates, cacao, coconut, and raspberries and made in under 30 minutes, they’re high in fiber and contain antioxidants and potassium. Just one of the 1000s of recipes you can access via the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Premium Program.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Refrigeration time: 30 minutes
- 125g raspberries (1 punnet of fresh, or you can use frozen)
- 130g dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 250g pitted, fresh dates
- ¾ cups almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, plus extra for dusting
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered in 1-minute bursts on High/100%, stirring every minute with a metal spoon until melted and smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Place the dates, almond meal, coconut, and cacao into a food processor. Pulse until dates are finely chopped. Add the raspberries and melted chocolate mixture and pulse until the mixture almost comes together.
- Transfer to a bowl, refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Roll mixture into 36 small balls, approximately 20 g each. Place onto a tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm. Dust with cacao powder. Enjoy 3 chilled bliss balls per serve.
TIP: Bliss balls will keep for 10 days in an airtight container in the fridge. They also freeze really well, store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months, they may need a little dusting with cacao just before serving.
How can CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Programs help you?
HBF has partnered with Digital Wellness to offer you new ways to access extra support and reach your health goals.
If you’re at risk of developing prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, or you need some support with your health and weight, the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Programs are here to help.
The programs offer:
- Access to the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet– a higher protein, low GI weight loss eating plan specially formulated by Australia’s national science agency.
- One-on-one Health Coaching sessions with an Accredited Practising Dietitian.
- Digital health and weight loss tools to help you keep track of your food.
- Weekly tutorials about health, weight loss, nutrition, ,exercise and mindset.
- A simple exercise plan to gently build up your movement every day.
- An active online community to encourage, support, and motivate you.
If you’re overweight or obese, losing weight is one of the key ways to slow prediabetes or type 2 diabetes from progressing. And you don’t even need to lose a huge amount to see the positive effects either; research shows that losing just 5 percent of your body weight has benefits to your health. If you have more to lose, the more benefits you may see.
In a 2019 study of CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet members, 81 percent of respondents who lost the most weight saw improvements in their type 2 diabetes, compared to 35 percent in the lowest weight loss group.
Total Wellbeing Health Coaching sessions.
The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Programs also include one-on-one Total Wellbeing Health Coaching sessions, which will give you the opportunity to speak with an Accredited Practising Dietitian about your goals, lifestyle, and diet. These sessions allow you to receive ongoing professional support with the plan, help to keep you motivated along the way, and can keep you accountable for staying on track.
This article contains general information only and does not take into account the health, personal situation or needs of any person. In conjunction with your GP or treating health care professional, please consider whether the information is suitable for you and your personal circumstances.